Welcome to our pre-planning preparation guide. Before we meet with you, the following information will help us assist you in your planning. Most families we serve are comforted by the knowledge that their loved ones will be spared the hardship of making decisions at such a difficult and sensitive time. By completing the planning-ahead section you will:
- Relieve emotional burden from loved ones.
- Express your own wishes.
- Relieve a financial burden from those you love.
- Make decisions at your own pace without emotional stress.
- Share your choices with your family and make decisions together.
We look forward to receiving your pre-need information.
What to expect and things you will need to know for this appointment:
At this appointment, you will meet with one of our Family Service Counselors, who will go over your final wishes, and provide you with a cost estimate. You will be able to set up a payment plan, or pay in full at this time if you wish. You will need to be able to provide the following information (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Name(s) of the person(s) for whom you are planning
- Type of service desired: traditional burial or cremation
- Spouse’s information, including maiden name if applicable
- Marital Status
- Date of Birth
- Place of birth (City, state, country)
- Place of Marriage
- Date of Marriage
- Father’s Full Name
- Mother’s Full Name
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Sisters and Brothers
- Work and education
- Military service (locate a copy of your discharge papers to be kept on file)
- Any memberships, lodges, church affiliation, etc.,
- An obituary if you wish to provide one, otherwise a funeral director will work with your family at the time of your death to create one
- Any newspapers other than the local paper where you wish to have an obituary/notification published
- Special instructions for your service including:
- Church or other location for service
- Cemetery preference or location, section and lot if you already own burial property
- Clergy, organist, other musicians, music preferences/dislikes
- Service personalization ideas
- Flower Preference
- Casket Bearers (6)
- Any other special instructions